The FbStart Accelerator is a 6-month research and mentorship driven program for innovative and visionary teams daring to create solutions with advanced technologies.
The accelerator provides these teams with the support they need to build and optimize value driven products and match them with resources from Facebook and CcHUB.
- The program is designed to support teams in two categories: Onsite Acceleration for startup teams designed for startups with existing products who have customers or are market-ready. The other is the Virtual Acceleration for student teams which is designed for Nigerian and Ghanaian students (BSc, MSc, or PhD) with working prototypes or the technical expertise required to build intended solutions.
- You are eligible to apply regardless of your course of study. However, teams are required to have full-time technical founders/co-founders or Engineers who have the technical skills required to build with advanced technologies.
- For startup teams, applications are currently being accepted from only Nigeria and Ghana. Key founders who apply have to be based in either of these countries.
- The program is looking for solutions that leverage the following technologies: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Science, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR).
Benefits of the Program:
- Up to $20,000 in equity-free funding: Accepted teams would receive equity-free grant funding to accelerate their solutions; $20, 000 for Startups and $10, 000 for Student teams.
- Customized and Practical Learning Sessions: You get access to Deep learning sessions in form of workshops/activities which are customized to your startups’ needs.
- Access to Corporates and Innovation Showcase Week: You would have access to corporate partners within our network and exhibit at our annual Innovation Showcase Week.
- Dedicated Facebook Mentor: You would get to build your solution with guidance from some of the best engineers & experts in the world at Facebook.
- Matching with Industry Experts: Gaining insights from industry experts can save your team months of research/networking. We connect you with experts who will work closely with you.
- One-on-One support from the In-house experts: You get access to strategy sessions and support from our In-house Product, Finance, Legal and Human Resource experts.
- Office Space and up to $16,000 Free Product Credits: Your team would get access to high-speed internet and office space at NG_HUB in Yaba while also receiving up to $16,000 worth of Facebook and CcHUB partner credits.
- TGIFF, Founders’ Hangout, Mic Nights and much more…: The accelerator is not all work! There are a lot of frequent fun activities that take place throughout the program.
The selection process for the FbStart Accelerator program would be managed by experts from CcHUB and Facebook. The specifics of the selection process would be communicated to the shortlisted teams and all teams would informed of the status of their application in August, 2019.
How to Apply:
To get started, go to https://nghub-from-facebook.forms.fm/fbstart-accelerator-2019. For more information, visit the FbStart Accelerator website.
June 30th, 2019.