Spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning a stipend!
Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on bringing more student developers into open source software development. Students work with an open source organization on a 3-month programming project during their break from school.
The accepted Students will work with a mentor, will also become part of the open source community. Apparently many will become lifetime open source developers!
Google Summer of Code is open to university students, age 18 and older in most countries.
- You must be at least 18 years of age when you register.
- You must currently be a full or part-time student (or have been accepted and committed to the fall term) at an accredited university as of the date accepted student proposals are announced.
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program.
- You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC more than once.
- You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States. See Program Rules for more information.
The application date will close on April 9 while the accepted students will be announced on May 6. the complete timeline of the program can be reached here.
Click here to get started.