Dr. Fidelis Akhagboso Ayebae is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Fidson Healthcare Plc, and also the Chairman at NEM Insurance Plc. He was born in the township of Agenebode in present day Edo State.
Dr. Fidelis Ayebae Educational Background
In 1976, Dr. Fidelis Ayebae graduated from the Mainland Institute of Technology with a Diploma in Civil Engineering. He obtained Advanced Diploma in Business Administration from the University of Lagos in 1999. He is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Administration(CIA), and also a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM). He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Affairs Management (FICAM).
Dr. Fidelis Ayebae Work Experience
After completing his tertiary university Dr. Ayebae worked as a Project Manager at Metalum Limited, he was a Managing Director at Ayebe Investment Limited, and an Assistant Director at Citibank. In 1991, he quit his job to establish his own business. He is the Chief Executive Officer of Fidson Healthcare Plc which is one the leading pharmaceutical company in Africa.
Dr. Fidelis currently sits on the board of several companies, including NEM Insurance Plc where he is currently the Chairman.
First Pharmaceutical Company to Locally Manufacture Anti-retroviral Drugs
Fidson Healthcare Plc, was the first pharmaceutical company in Nigeria and the entire Sub-Saharan Africa to locally manufacture anti-retroviral drugs for HIV-AIDS patients. This is a great accomplishment for so many reasons; first because it saved many lives, and secondly because it drastically reduced the cost of the life-saving drug which hitherto was shipped from overseas. For this reason, his company will go down in history as one of the pharmaceutical companies that took on the challenge of fighting the HIV menace in Nigeria and Africa.
See also: Stanley Uzochukwu one of Nigeria’s Youngest Billionaire
Awards and Recognition
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year West Africa 2011 & 2012.
- Pearl Award for Sectoral Leadership in Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals sector of the Nigerian Stock Market in 2015.
- Inducted in 2016, into the hall of honorary membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN).
- He is a member of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN).
- A member of Pharmaceuticals Manufacturers Group of Manufacturers of Nigeria (PMG-MAN).
- A member of Nigerian Chamber of Commerce. He is also a member of the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce, the Nigerian-American Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Fidelis Ayebae Personal Life
Dr. Fidelis Akhogboso Ayebae is married to Olufunke Ayebae who is also a Director at Fidson Healthcare Plc.