Tech and electronic giant and world class Korean company Samsung, yesterday launched its latest phone which has been variously graded to be more sophisticated than any smart phone ever built. The event which took place simultaneously in Lagos Nigeria and in the economic capitals of countries across the world, saw the unveiling of five new devices, including four Samsung Galaxy S10 models — S10e, S10, S10+ and S10 5G.
The high point of the event was the announcement by Samsung that the Fold model is either a smart mobile phone or a tablet, depending on how one may choose to see it.
- a 7.3-inch (4.2:3) tablet that can fold into a 4.6-inch smartphone or
- a 4.6-inch (21:9) smartphone that can unfold into a 7.3-inch tablet
Some of its features include;
- 12 GB RAM with 512 GB internal memory (no memory card slot)
- Six cameras ranging from 10 MP to 16 MP
- Two batteries with total capacity of 4380mAh
- LTE and/or 5G capability
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is a device of its own class, unrivaled in the world of smart phone, designed to multitask at users comfort.
However, the electronic giant has said that the device will be put out for sale around April 26th; that is, in a month’s time when it is scheduled to launch in the US. The smart phone will take a whooping $1,980 from buyers’ account. That is about ₦720,000.