Popular car-hailing platform Uber is introducing a new feature where riders can select a “Quiet Mode” option when requesting for rides.
The new feature, announced on Wednesday, is only available for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders, who the car-hailing platform says want “high-quality service and premium comfort.”
The new features include the following:
- Quiet Mode: if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap. If you’re in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
“We know that when riders choose Uber Black and Uber Black SUV, they want a consistent, high quality experience every time they ride. With these new features and more to come, we’re excited to ensure that our riders can arrive relaxed and refreshed, wherever they’re headed,” a press statement said.
An Uber spokesperson told us that: “At this time, these features were only rolled out in the USA, while we are always looking at new features and products, this is not something we are looking at launching in Nigeria at this time.”