Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara is set to step down from his role as chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment.
John Stankey, chief executive of parent company WarnerMedia, said that it was “in the best interest” of the firm that Tsujihara steps down.
“Kevin acknowledges that his mistakes are inconsistent with the company’s leadership expectations,” Warner said.
The firm is conducting an investigation into the allegations. Earlier this month, the Hollywood Reporter claimed an actress had sought Mr Tsujihara’s help in landing roles after they had sex. The report included text messages between Mr Tsujihara and the actress.
Tsujihara’s lawyer said at the time that the executive did not have a direct role in the hiring of the actress in any movie. In a letter to staff on Monday, reported by Reuters, Tsujihara did not address the matter.
“It has become clear that my continued leadership could be a distraction and an obstacle to the company’s continued success. The hard work of everyone within our organisation is truly admirable, and I won’t let media attention on my past detract from all the great work the team is doing” he wrote.